Well, I have the house to myself now. Uncle Joe and company departed yesterday morning for a little vacation in California. Looks like Chris and June are going to have the pleasure of spending the next four days with my relatives. It's kind of creepy here with it being so quiet... it's just me and the dog. He follows me everywhere, it's so adorable. I think he doesn't even miss them... they'd be so insulted.
So what else has been going on? The other day I went out with Aunt Miggie, Uncle Joe, and the kids. It was fun. We stopped off at the car dealership to get aunt Miggie's car an oil change. While we were there, Aunt Miggie decided that she would like to buy one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette. Unfortunately, they cost lots of these, plus Aunt Miggie walks with one of these.
Work has been going well. I think we've all finally figured out what our department actually does. We're basically responsible for maintaining all the hotel rates for the hotel. We don't make any decisions per se, but we make sure that when the managers decide what the rates will be or that they will change the rates, they make it to all the channels properly. Pretty interesting stuff, to be honest. Dunno if I'd make a career out of it, but I'm learning a lot.
I actually went out with the other interns for the first time this weekend. They've been going out quite a bit, but I'm not really into the whole "going out" scene, so I've not participated too much. But this time I went. We went to a karaoke bar in a place called the Ellis Island Casino and Brewery (http://www.ellisislandcasino.com/). I guess it's more of a locals place. There's no hotel as part of the casino, though it is conveniently located in the same parking lot as a Super 8 motel... you get the idea. It's a fun place. Freshly-made micro brews only cost $1.50 for a generous pint, and they're pretty tasty to boot. The people there are kind of interesting, but whatever. A good time was had by all.
I'm sure other amusing stuff has happened, but I'll close it for now. I mentioned the other day how I like my mom's lemon merengue pie, and then Aunt Bobbi went and made one for me, so if anyone wants some pie, let me know: it's delicious. Oh and supposedly Lori has started referring to Aunt Bobbi's house as the "nursing home." It's a good name: there are two old ladies living there, and they eat their meals on little trays in front of the TV. Funny stuff.
Bye for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not only is it the "nursing home,"
if mom gets to more ladies to room with her, it will be like the television show, "The Golden Girls."
I say she goes for it and gets two more older ladies to live there.
Enjoying your blog.
Hope all is well. :)
i love lori's idea, i think aunt jacki and aunt linda would be the perfect candidates.
hope your having a great time
Post a Comment